I'm going to tell you right off the bat, that if you try to to adopt all of these changes at once you would be setting yourself up for failure. How long do overhauls last? They don't lol. My point exactly.
So, pick 2-3 changes & have that be your goal this week. Once
you have successfully completed them, then you can come back to this list (Save this list onto your desktop!) & then take on a few more.
Small steps create habits & long term habits create change.
Remember... It does't matter how slow you go or how small the change is, as long as you commit to yourself & keep going.
- Get in 15-25 grams of protein in your breakfast. Examples include- egg white cups, protein smoothies or an egg white omelette with chicken sausage & veggies!
- Practice eating to 80% full.
- Don't multitask when you're eating. Let that be your time to relax & enjoy your food.
- Stay hydrated & shoot for 100 oz. of water per. day
- Don't use your phone around bedtime, grab a book instead.
- Take the stairs. Yes, that even includes those on the 10th+ floors.
- Shoot for 10k steps per day. This is easily added in with a 15 minute walk around your neighborhood, a 15 minute walk during lunch & a 15 minute walk after dinner.
- Workout in the morning so you don't have any excuses after work about how you're too tired or you have too much to get done around the house.
- Use a foam roller for 3-5 minutes after your workout. (Trust me on this one)
- Track your workout progress in a notebook or app on your phone.
- Lastly, don't hesitate to ask questions if you need help. I'm here to help you create this healthy lifestyle long term & would love to chat about your goals.