Unpopular opinion 👉🏻 Allowing your body to recover is just as important as the workout itself!
Recovery modalities could include:
- ACTUALLY TAKING A REST DAY OR TWO OFF FROM THE GYM
- Stretching for 5-10 minutes after your workout (Every time. *cough cough*)
- Foam rolling every night before you go to bed or when you wake up in the morning
- Getting 7-9 hours of quality sleep every night
- Scheduling deep tissue massages every couple weeks
- Taking a post workout protein shake to help with muscle building & overall recovery
- Drinking 100-120 oz. of water every day
- Eating an appropriate amount of food to support your body & goals
They may not be the "sexy" topics when it comes to health & fitness, but they're just as important.
The only way to rebuild broken down muscle tissues is to put your body in a state where it can recover!